Weight loss is not easy and often extends further than healthy eating advice and exercise. In certain situations, weight loss surgery can act as a therapeutic tool to support sustainable weight loss, behaviour change and improved health outcomes. Here at CQ Nutrition, we are proud to offer expert advice regarding dietary management, both pre- and post-weight loss surgery.
Each surgery involves manipulation or removal of different body organs, as well as unique dietary requirements. Surgeries you may be familiar with include:
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (Lap-Band)
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass
- Intragastric Balloon
The friendly dietitians at CQ Nutrition provide professional guidance and nutrition education. This is to ensure that people understand the role diet plays before and after weight loss surgery.
People are encouraged to book two dietetic consults before weight loss surgery. The dietitians will provide recommendations regarding a very low-calorie diet and strategies to support this. This very low calorie diet aims to:
- Improve surgical access to the stomach.
- Reduce the risk of post-surgery complications, e.g. dumping syndrome, constipation and reflux.
- Improve weight loss maintenance outcomes after surgery.
For optimal results, individuals are encouraged to have ongoing support from a dietitian. A minimum of 3 consults is recommended. A dietitian supports the reintroduction of food through the five phases of eating, as well as providing personalised advice. Protein, fluid and vitamin & mineral requirements are all reviewed and adjusted accordingly. This can involve incorporating protein powders, high protein food sources, supplements, and hydration therapy.
If you’re considering weight loss surgery, it’s a good idea to book a phone consult with a dietitian, to talk about your options ($80). And if you’ve decided that weight loss surgery is for you, we have a couple of packages available.
- A Silver 5x Consultation Package ($400). This includes a 12-month Inbody Body Scan membership (1 scan per month after surgery for accountability and monitoring).
- A Gold 5x Consultation Package ($560). This includes a 12-month Inbody membership and a metabolic rate test (after your weight has stabilised)
If you have further questions or would like to book a consultation package, give our friendly team a call!